en - Re: [sympa-users] nrcpt parameter doesn't work

  • From: Mark Sallee <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] nrcpt parameter doesn't work
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 09:21:28 -0700

On 2/5/10 5:59 AM, Fabio Napoleoni wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a problem with sympa. In our company we use Sympa 5.3.4 because
> our servers runs with Debian Lenny and this is the last version
> provided by this distribution.
>
> What I'm trying to do is to setup sympa in order to work with aol.com
> FBL. They send ARF with addresses rewrited in it, so the only way to
> track the user who marked the message as spam is to avoid sympa
> aggregation of aol addresses.
>
> I tried to do this first by using nrcpt_by_domain.conf file in
> /etc/sympa (location of sympa.conf in Debian) with this content
>
> aol.com 1
>
> but it doesn't work. Then I tried to setup the nrcpt parameter to 1 in
> sympa.conf file, but neither this has worked.
>

> --
> Fabio Napoleoni

Fabio,
I had some success with modifying this file, on Sympa v5.4.3, located at

/home/sympa/bin/etc/nrcpt_by_domain.conf:

## This file allows to control the number of recipients per SMTP session
## depending on the destination domain. This setup is especially usefull
## to prevent messages from being rejected by sites that have a very
## strict anti-spam policy.

## The default parameter is the 'nrcpt' sympa.conf parameter
## "nrcpt" also defines the maximum number of recepients

## First parameter is the DNS destination domain
## Second parameter is the maximum number of recepients per SMTP session

#aol.com 2
#another.domain 5
yahoo.com 3
web.de 3

And we also tried the parameter in /etc/sympa.conf in the 'MTA related'
section:

## Maximum number of recipients per call to Sendmail. The
nrcpt_by_domain.conf file allows
a different tuning per destination domain.
#nrcpt 25
nrcpt 3

When you get this working, let me know what the solution was, and I'll
help update the docs at
http://www.sympa.org/manual/organization#nrcptbydomain

Mark Sallee