en - Re: [sympa-users] Ubuntu Hardy + postgresql - Upgrade::probe_db()

  • From: Mark Sallee <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Ubuntu Hardy + postgresql - Upgrade::probe_db()
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:33:43 -0700

On 1/13/10 9:05 AM, Enrique García Cota wrote:
address@concealed">

Hello everyone,

I've hit a problem when trying to install Sympa on an Ubuntu Hardy server.

snip...

The sympa database and user are, however, created on the database - I see them if I do:

sudo su postgres -c psql
/du  (list of users contains sympa)
/l   (list of databases contains sympa)

It looks as if the sympa installer isn't able to connect to posgre, and thus it doesn't find the tables it needs... and then reinterprets this as a "database missing" error.

I don't know how to trace this error. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Enrique,
You may want to try installing postgres-devel as well, and then check to see what permissions are allowed on the sympa postgres db.

Also see:
http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/database  - jump to Postgres Example: you may need to manually create the database first.

postgres:  grant all on sympa to sympa;

Then run a "\z" in postgres to see what the permissions are for the sympa db.

and you may want to try commenting out the line "CREATE DATABASE sympa" in the postgresql database creation script temporarily, since it is already created, and try running it manually:
psql -U sympa -d sympa < /home/sympa/bin/create_db.Pg

Mark Sallee