en - [sympa-users] crazy slow web interface

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] crazy slow web interface
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 01:10:09 +0100

I'm new to sympa, setting up 5.3.4 on a debian lenny machine. I've got
apache, fastcgi
and suexec configured and working. My db is postgres, on a separate
machine. I've
also set up expl/ and wwsarchive/ dirs on an NFS share. I've configured
sympa to use
nfs locks. I've got only one user, me, and two test lists.

The web interface is sluggish, and when I click to administer a list, it
gets crazy slow.
Each page takes about 35 seconds to load. When I turn on debugging, I watch
it acquire
and release locks, over and over again. I counted 33 per request. I also
see it gettext'ing
the same text over and over. Sometimes a lock fails, wwsympa dies and
fastcgi restarts
it. This happens every 5-10 requests.

I read over the performance page, and did some profiling. I can post that
if it'd be
helpful.

Hopefully I should be seeing better performance. If so, any suggestions for
what I might
be doing wrong? Anyone using NFS shares out there?

Also, wwsympa.fcgi catches TERM signals, so the fastcgi process manager
can't kill them.
I verified this by sending them TERM by hand. USR1 works, but TERM does
not.
Is this a known issue?

John