en - Re: [sympa-users] Reading from list configuration files

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Chris Pax <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Reading from list configuration files
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:54:18 +0100

Hi Chris!

Chris Pax a écrit :
thank you! it works like a charm.
Great!
we do use families.
but i cant use the xml to apply a single change.
plus after the list has been created, and changes made via the web
interface, it wont reflect in the xml.

it would be great if i could apply this this:
<list>
<listname>mytestlist</listname>
<send>newsend</send>
</list>

but when i do, everything gets removed, and the list goes into error_config.
and im left with only the newsend in the configuration file.

Actually my idea was more of a workaround: modify the XML file with a dedicated program - using a parser like xalan, for example.
then reinstantiate the family with the modified XML files.

But, thinking about it, it requires probably as much work as your solution. :-[
and yes im using --modify_list when invoking sympa.pl.

any idea on what i can do?
So no, no more ideas for today. I'll go heal my headache far from a computer. ;-)

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités