en - [sympa-users] selective moderation

  • From: Marc Meurrens {HMp} <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] selective moderation
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 00:17:00 +0200

Hello all,

I am trying to solve the following problem using Sympa 5.3.4
(may be the problem is solved in version 6 and I just have to wait ?).

Suppose we have a private working group (no access to the public)
with a few owners, a few moderators (editors), 100 serious subscribers
(but not serious enough to become editors)
and 100 less serious subscribers that need to be moderated.

Is it possible to moderate some of the users but not all?
Obviously the current answer is "no".

This is however a request from people I convinced to leave
the Yahoo stuff (where selective moderation is possible)
as to reach a more respectuous service/software.

===

The only solution I found until now to satisfy them
is not really nice :

- a list M, moderated, with subscribers m1, m2, m3
- a list A, not moderated, with serious subscribers a1, a2, a3 + the list M
- a list Z, where no message may be posted, including M and C, thus m1,m2,m3,a1,a2,a3

when m1 posts to M, the message is moderated. If the message must
be accepted, the editor MUST TRANSFER MANUALLY the message to list A
and, btw, specify in some way (e.g. a CC) that the original author is m1.
the message will then also reach list M (but without a reference to
the original author m1)

when a1 posts to A, the message is sent to M automatically
BUT m1,m2,m3 will ignore that the original author is a1
and will thus not be able to reply directly to a1 if needed.
THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM.

hopefully, archives are nearly identical on A and M,
except of course the matter of the original author.

list Z is only devoted to hold the shared documents
assuming that both the serious and the less serious
subscribers have the same rights.

===

Any idea?
Any project to build a better solution?