en - Re: [sympa-users] fetching shared documents by mail command

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Marc Meurrens {HMp} <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] fetching shared documents by mail command
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 18:06:04 +0200

Hi Marc,

Marc Meurrens {HMp} a écrit :
address@concealed"> Hello all,

I am new on this list and a fresh user of Sympa.
So, may be, my question should be posted on another list?
Or be written in french?
I apologize for any error... Please, tell me if I am wrong...

As this is my first post, I present me :
Marc Meurrens
I was professor of computer sciences and, now that  I am retired,
I spend my time to help users and to contribute to open source
and free softwares under GPL licence.

I manage my own Sympa robot hosted by http://www.cassiopea.org/
Welcome to the list and thanks for using Sympa!
address@concealed">
The subscribers of some of my lists are really "end-users", some are quiet old...
Some of them even dislike to ask for a password.
Even that is a bit too complicate for them...

I (and others) have put some files in a well structured
"shared documents" area.
No problem to fetch them for "young" users, with a password.

I am looking for a way for the others
to receive, at least, the small files in their mailbox, on request.
Something like :
mailto:address@concealed?subject=FETCH%20mylist%20myfolder/myfile.pdf
so that my subscribers may click on such link, send the proposed mail,
and receive the wanted myfile.pdf

However, the mail command "GET list file"
seems to be intended for archives.

1) Anyway, I didn't see how to upload files in the archives.
Archives are obviously archives and not intended for that purpose.
Actually, this commands allows you to receive the archives of a given month. You can't specifically select an attachment.
address@concealed">
2) I don't know about a mail command that can be used by
a subscriber to request a shared file beeing send as attachment
to a "personal" mail.
There is no such command. The shared repository is a pure web feature, it has never been intended to be used by mail.
Actually, the two solutions I see for a population that doesn't accept to set up an account are:
1- create a special "no login" page, that anybody can read, on which you put non sensitive documents.
2- send the documents by mail as attachment.

Regards,

David Verdin

address@concealed">
3) I also know about the "INDEX list" mail command.
But, again, this is for archives.

Any mail command to fetch the content of the shared documents
structure and file names (and eventually their sizes) ?
Something like :
mailto:address@concealed?subject=SHARED%20mylist

Regards,
</marc>

--
Marc Meurrens
☎ +32 475 46 28 12

☎ numéro mobile recommandé : ☎ +32 475 46 28 12
☎ numéro d'un poste fixe avec possibilité de fax : ☎ +32 2 358 29 18
☎ numéros supprimés définitivement : ☎ +32 2 537 28 12 et ☎ +32 2 537 76 45

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités