en - [sympa-users] help with SOAP

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] help with SOAP
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:06:31 -0700

Hi folks. I'm hoping to get either some simple help with using the SOAP interface or some less-simple help debugging a problem one of our users is having with SOAP. The existing documentation is not helping at all, possibly because we don't know the first thing about SOAP or XML. :)

The simple question is, how are you supposed to use the sympa_soap_client.pl script to run one of the standard Sympa commands? I'm trying syntax like this:

sympa_soap_client.pl --soap_url=http://npogroups.org/sympasoap --service=authenticateAndRun --user_email=<my_email_address> --user_password=<my_password> --service_parameters="info,adamtest"

but no matter what I put in --service_parameters, and in fact no matter what I put in --service (even if I leave it out entirely), the only thing I get back is the output of the 'which' command. Could someone please tell me:

1. Where is the correct place to specify the command I want to run? Is it correct to use --service=authenticateAndRun, or is that supposed to contain the command, like --service=info?

2. Where do I find a list of parameters required for each command in --service-parameters? Or am I using that entirely wrong?

And then for the more complex help, the problem that our user (who does know about SOAP) is having is that no matter what listname they specify in their Java app, with or without domain, the SOAP interface returns the error "Invalid list name". Here's a log snippet from a query on a valid listname:

Aug 7 01:49:21 npogroups soap[55211]: sympasoap::info() SOAP
info(address@concealed)
Aug 7 01:49:21 npogroups soap[55211]: sympasoap::info() Info
address@concealed from address@concealed refused, list unknown

Any ideas why that might be happening? We're still on Sympa 5.3.4, waiting for Sympa 6.0 final release to upgrade, but I hope that's not relevant.

Thanks!

adam

  • [sympa-users] help with SOAP, Adam Bernstein, 08/10/2009