en - Re: [sympa-users] Problem with authentication an password recovery (please help)

  • From: Muhammed Sameer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, Maykel Moya <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problem with authentication an password recovery (please help)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 01:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

Salaam,

* This is exactly the problem that I faced when migrating sympa from one box
to another.

* The problem is also discussed on this list a few months back with the
subject 'reset password returns illegible charecters'

* the following is an extract from the solution
<snip>
Salaam,

* I finally found a turn around for the password problem

* Just set all the user passwords in the database as '' (completely blank out
that field) and then asked all my users to do a forgot password

* Inefficient but I had to provide a solution before Monday <smile>

</snip>

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer