en - [sympa-users] MySQL vs Oracle for new installation

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] MySQL vs Oracle for new installation
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:32:28 +0200

We're a new site installing Sympa for the first time, and a question has come
up about whether MySQL is preferred over Oracle for use with Sympa. In the
process of installing and testing Sympa I found two bugs in the Oracle support
which do not affect MySQL. It turns out one was already in the bug tracker,
and I added the other one. Our site generally prefers to use Oracle, but we
can also use MySQL. My experience so far make me wonder whether Oracle is the
best choice for Sympa.

I've been asked to find out whether many sites use Sympa with Oracle, and
whether they've had problems due to Oracle. I'd also appreciate any advice
from the developers regarding this issue.

Peter