en - Re: [sympa-users] Feature request: Don't bounce messages

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Feature request: Don't bounce messages
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:33:45 +0200

Hi tim, and sorry for the late answer.

Yes it is possible : using authorization scenarios, you can silently (i.e. without notification to sender) messages from people not subscribed to a list. See: https://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios for more details on scenarios.
You can also choose to moderate these message and let list owners handle them.

Using scenarios, you can also use the headers your anti-spam software leaves to the messages to silently reject messages tagged as spam.

Please note that Sympa 6 will be able to take anti-spam header into account to tag messages as spm in the moderation web interface, and assist list owner in the management of those messages.

Regards,

David Verdin

Tim Kuehn a écrit :
One change I made to my 3.* sympa system was to drop messages to
mailing lists people weren't members of, or weren't authorized to send
for. I did this because of the large amount of spam that was hitting
those lists, and my desire to not be part of a DDOS attack from
falsely labeled "From" addresses. It was a simple < 10 line change to
one program, and worked fine for a number of years.

Is that possible for a 5.4.7 site? If not, could this be added to the
list of features to be looked at being done?

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités