en - [sympa-users] [Wiki] Question for schema of process for message distribution

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] [Wiki] Question for schema of process for message distribution
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:00:34 +0200

Dear list,

on [1] the process for message distribution is explained. I have one
question regarding the graphic. The cross point to the outgoing MTAs is
in the box representing the computer sympa.pl runs on? So a simple
outgoing MTA needs to be running on this server which relays messages to
a relay host? This is also what point 8 says.

Smart hosts. The outgoing MTA agent is called by Sympa in order
to distribute messages. This MTA can be configured to relay any
message to a smart host. This simple configuration will make
SMTP process running on the same host as sympa.pl really simple
and fast. The smart host can be a cluster of servers using round
robin DNS.

So to make it more clear should a small box labeled outgoing MTA be
inside the gray box and the boxes with outgoing MTA be renamed to relay
MTA? Or do I miss something and this would not be necessary?

Thanks,

Paul

[1]
http://www.sympa.org/dev/server_architecture_for_big_services#process_for_message_distribution