en - [sympa-users] nrcpts_by_domain

  • From: Philip Crandall <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] nrcpts_by_domain
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:21:01 -0500

Hello,

We are working to rate-limit messages sent from one of our Sympa installations.  I am wondering whether nrcpts_by_domain can only decrease the nrcpts value for a given domain or if it is also capable of increasing the number of recipients for a given domain.  Does nrcpts designate the absolute max number of recipients for any given domain?

In our case, we want to increase the recipients for our local domain (because our mail system puts a lower priority on large numbers of recipients), but we don’t want to increase the number of recipients going to any other domain (as it might cause delivery problems for domains that have strict limits on the number of recipients per envelope).

Philip Crandall

NSIT Network-Based Services

University of Chicago