en - Re: [sympa-users] problems to install WWSympa in Apache.

  • From: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • To: maximatt <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] problems to install WWSympa in Apache.
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:55:15 -0400

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:30 AM, maximatt <address@concealed> wrote:
hi...
i cannot run sympa.. if someone could help me..

I had a similar issue on my SUSE system, and the error message was due to security settings.

My final result was to make sure that wwsympa.fcgi is owned by sympa:sympa, and has the "suid" bit set.  You also need to have "spearl" (which is perl that can run suid) installed. I also had to de-register wwsympa.fcgi from "apparmor", which would cause it to fail, and I couldn't get it to work. I don't remember if I had to set some special settings in the apache configuration though (if I did, it was from the Sympa docs).

For testing, I ran wwsympa.fcgi directly from root. When the response comes back looking right, I was ok to get it working in production.

--
Tim Kuehn:  Senior Consultant  - TDK Consulting Services