en - [sympa-users] Sympa 5.4.6 ldap authentication issue

  • From: Simon Gao <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 5.4.6 ldap authentication issue
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:24:20 -0800

I've configured Sympa 5.4.6 and it works fine so far. However, I have one
question.

In the login section, only user ID asked is his email address. This is fine.
However, Sympa 5.4.6 seems not able to strip the domain part of the email
address and get correct uid for LDAP authentication.

For example, if user Bob has address@concealed and types in his email address
and password, Sympa should figure out Bob's uid is "bob" from the email
address and use "bob" as uid. But instead Sympa sends "address@concealed" as
uid which leads to authentication failure. If Bob jus types in "bob" for the
email address field, then ldap auth works fine.

Maybe this problem is caused by incorrect setup in auth.conf. Can anyone see
any issue with the following auth.conf?

ldap
regexp corp\.com
host ldap1.corp.com:636