en - Re: [sympa-users] Upper limit on the number of mailing lists and

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: sympa list <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Upper limit on the number of mailing lists and
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:24:38 +0100

Hi,

For now, we run 13 virtual hosts for around 1000 mailing lists without any troubles.
I recently heard of a server with 50 000 mailing lists, with an average of 8 subscribers per list and 3 messages per list and per day. Seems to be going smooth.

You still have wide possibilities of extension for your server, I guess.
If you feel concerned with performances, you can read the documentation related to the distribution parameters:
https://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part2#sending_related

Regards,

Muhammed Sameer a écrit :
Salaam

I have 2 robots running on my sympa install Sympa version is 5.4.3

Robot One: 142 Lists
Robot Two: 15 lists

We keep adding almost 2 to 3 lists every day, how far can we go? is there a
limit theoretical or otherwise and any limit that may impact and affect the
performance.

We also plan to increase the robots in the near future.

wa salaam,
Muhammed Sameer

--
David Verdin