en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP data source

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Warren G Anderson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP data source
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:32:36 +0100

Hi

Warren G Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are experimenting with Sympa as a mailing list solution for a
> medium sized (800 person) scientific collaboration. One of the
> things that we are excited by is that we can define mailing lists
> from LDAP. We authorize in many domains (web, shell, etc) using
> groups defined in LDAP. Allowing these same groups to form the
> membership for mailing lists is highly desirable.
>
> However, our initial tests indicate that the membership for
> mailing lists is cached after the initial LDAP query, and that
> changes to our LDAP group membership are not reflected in the
> Sympa mailing lists until the membership is resynchronized with
> the LDAP through wssympa.
>
> Is this observation correct? If so, is there some way to have changes
> in LDAP reflected dynamically in Sympa?
LDAP extraction (and any other sources) used to define list membership
are dynamically updated. This is controled by the ttl list parameter.
The update is performed systematically by the task_manager demon or
others Sympa demno as describe in page :

http://www.sympa.org/manual/managing-members#cache_management

Serge Aumont