en - Re: [sympa-users] Question about bounces for addresses in data

  • From: Dallas Wisehaupt <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question about bounces for addresses in data
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:14:06 -0500 (EST)

David,

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

Dallas

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, David Verdin wrote:

Hi,

The removal will be ignored. However, if a data source specifies addresses which lead to high enough bounce level that it hits the bouncers_level_2 score, one can seriously wonder about this data sources reliability.

Regards,

Dallas Wisehaupt a écrit :
I've got a question about how users that are included from data sources
(specifically LDAP and SQL queries in our case) are handled by the
bounce process.

If an included address hits bouncers_level2 which specifies that the
address be removed, does sympa track this and not send to the address
any more? Or will the removal simply be ignored since the list
membership is determined by the include?

Thanks for any clarification.

Dallas

--
Dallas Wisehaupt Senior Systems Administrator
address@concealed The University of Scranton