en - Re: [sympa-users] Problems with logging

  • From: Alan Hicks <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problems with logging
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:30:43 +0100

address@concealed wrote:
Hello and sorry for my English

I receive mail from my system like this:
no connection to syslog available

- /var/run/log is not a socket

- /var/run/log is not a socket at /home/sympa/bin/Log.pm line 101

I have read FAQ but it still doesn't work. Syslog.log looks fine, I don't have "-r" switch because sympa work under
FreeBSD, File sympa.log is create,

Other log files works correctly.

Please help me!

Sympa cannot see the socket /var/run/log

What version of FreeBSD are you running?

Check to see if syslogd is running
/etc/rc.d/syslogd status
or
ps -ax |grep syslogd

Try restarting the service
/etc/rc.d/syslogd restart

If this does not fix the issue then see what log sockets should be created. You should see /var/run/log in /var/run/syslogd.sockets
cat /var/run/syslogd.sockets

Alan