en - RE: [sympa-users] Anonymous sender

  • From: "Philip Crandall" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Nick Holden'" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Anonymous sender
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:14:37 -0500

Nick,
I believe the default is to hide that setting for all but listmasters. I
would venture a guess that's because it allows you to spoof the FROM header
anything you like, but someone else could probably provide a more definitive
answer as to why that's the default. You should be able to set access to the
setting in ...bin/etc/edit_list.conf by adding a line like:

anonymous_sender owner,privileged_owner write

It's covered in the documentation at
http://www.sympa.org/manual/list-creation#creating_and_editing_mailing_lists_using_the_web

under the "List Editing" section.

Philip