en - Re: [sympa-users] Yes, but *how* have they been notified?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Glenn Gillis <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Yes, but *how* have they been notified?
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:34:06 +0200

By mail. :)
It looks weird, said like this, but note that, due to the way Sympa builds the error value, an user confronted to regular temporary failures of her/his mailbox can have a its error value gradually increased to the point at which Sympa sends a warning.
In such a case, the notification can reach this user and (s)he can then do something, either fix the mailbox or change her/his mail address.

That's the principle : "At least *try* to warn before shooting". ;)

Glenn Gillis a écrit :
I find this notification from Sympa v5.3.4 amusing: "Because we received
many non-delivery reports, the 17 subscribers listed below have been
notified that they might be removed from list [example]:"

If they are the subject of "many non-delivery reports" how exactly have
they been notified? ;)

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités