en - Re: [sympa-users] Question about deleted messages

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question about deleted messages
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:57:17 +0200

Hi,

There's a "Reply" button in the page displaying the message. Just hit this button and you will open a form through which you can write, then post your answer.

Cheers,

address@concealed a écrit :
If I accidentally delete a mailing list message but want to reply to it, what
normally do is to look up in the web index created by mhonarc and send a new
message with the same title prefixed by "RE:" to indicate this is a reply.

This has the disadvantage of messages in the web index then not being ordered
by thread and it also messes up the "Thread Next" and "Thread Previous" links
in the same index.

Is there a better way to reply to a message which i no longer have in my
mailbox ?

I know there's a "ThreadID" smtp header in mailing list messages which is
probably what the software uses to group messages, but I don't really want to
manually have to inject that header in.

TIA

--
David Verdin