en - Re: [sympa-users] Upgrade from 5.1.2 using Sybase

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Brian Riffle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Upgrade from 5.1.2 using Sybase
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:37:48 +0200

Hi,

Sympa will check the table data structure - and update it - for MySQL and SQLite only.
For other supported RDBMS (Oracle, Sybase and PostgreSQL) it only verifies that tables exist. If not, a message is issued while upgrading.
As you are updating from version 5.1.2, several tables will be missing. You can create them by using the scripts distributed with Sympa, located in the src/etc/script/ disrectory. For Sybase, use create_db.Sybase.
You can always find the latest creation scripts in the online user manual : https://www.sympa.org/manual/database#database_manual_creation

Regards,

Brian Riffle a écrit :
I was looking at upgrading sympa from 5.1.2 to 5.4. I saw that upgrading is pretty much automatic for Mysql users, as the database gets upgraded automatically with the "./sympa.pl --upgrade" command.

However, I haven't seen much info on upgrading when using Sybase as the backend database, I am concerned, as we have added a few columns to the "right-side" in the database, such as student number, etc. If I install the files, and run the upgrade command, if there is a problem, will it give me verbose output on what needs changed?

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Riffle