en - [sympa-users] soap virtual robots

  • From: Ole Martin Sørli <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] soap virtual robots
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:56:41 +0200

using Sympa 5.2.3

case: web interface to multiple virtual robots in Sympa using soap

problem: how/where do I define which robot get the soap-request?

Sympa manual says:

The only mandatory parameter you need to set in the sympa.conf/robot.conf files is the soap_url, that defines the URL of the SOAP service corresponding to the ScriptAlias you have previously set up in the Apache configuration.

This parameter is used to publish the SOAP service URL in the WSDL file (defining the API), but also for the SOAP server to deduce what Virtual Host is concerned by the current SOAP request (a single SOAP server will serve all Sympa virtual hosts).

thoughts on the problem:
There is only one Sympa_Soap_Server. Documentation says that one server will serve for all robots. So How do I tell the soapserver which robot I want info from?

It seemed to me that creating the soapclient using /robot1.some.where/wsdl would point all soap-requests to robot1.some.where,
and then if the soapclient was defined with /robot2.some.where/wsdl instead, the requests would be pointed to robot2.some.where.
Not so. At least not automaticly. Currently both wsdl-clients give me output from the same robot.

  • [sympa-users] soap virtual robots, Ole Martin Sørli, 06/27/2008