en - [sympa-users] Migrate from old version to new server newest release.

  • From: Eric C Sandquist <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Migrate from old version to new server newest release.
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:55:14 +0200

I have a server running version 3.4.3.1 that I want to get rid of, this server
has about 50 lists on it with 5 to 1000 users per list. I need to know what I
need to do to migrate those lists and users into a new installation of 5.4.3.
In addition, this list was previously on the core of Sympa and in the new
install it will be a robot. I need to be able to retain the archives as
well.

The interface had been customized too, is there anything that can be done to
maintain/convert the custom interface? Or, shudder, will I need to rebuild
that from scratch in the new format?

What about custom rules?

The primary concern are the lists and the users associated with them, and the
archives.

Secondary is the interface customizations.

Anyone who has done this?