en - [sympa-users] custom task models?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] custom task models?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:15:27 -0700

Sympa folks:

I've tried to create a custom version of the expire_bounce.daily.task, with a bounce expiration time of 30 days instead of 10, and had some trouble. I thought that I should copy it to etc/task_models and customize it there, but that had no effect -- it still created the default task. Only by editing the distribution file in bin/etc/global_task_models was I able to change it, and I assume that customization will be overwritten the next time I upgrade Sympa.

I also tried creating it in etc/task_models and giving it a different name, and specifying that new name in sympa.conf with expire_bounce_task, but that just resulted in an ERROR task file. Did I just make a syntax mistake? The custom file was called expire_bounce.npo-daily.task, and sympa.conf said:
expire_bounce_task npo-daily

What is the correct way to create a custom version of a default task model?

ab

  • [sympa-users] custom task models?, Adam Bernstein, 04/16/2008