en - [sympa-users] Question on subscribe.auth

  • From: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • To: "sympa-users" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Question on subscribe.auth
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:40:15 -0700

Good afternoon!

I’m a little confused about the subscribe scenari. I have created a new list and set the subscribe option to “auth”. I then logged in as another test user on a remote computer and tried to subscribe to the list. I clicked on subscribe and it gave me the “Do you really want to subscribe” dialogue box. Then I expected it to send a confirmation email to the user as described in request_auth.tt2. But what happened was that it went ahead with the subscription and the user received the welcome message to the list. What happened?

We’re running 5.3.4. and the only customized subscribe scenari that I have is for the intranet. I saw David’s email earlier about turning up logging via the “log level” section of the “Sympa admin” page and I wanted to do that to see if there was more information I could get but I can’t find that functionality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pat

Pat Allen (address@concealed & http://www.mbari.org/staff/pat)
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
7700 Sandholdt Rd, Moss Landing, CA 95039
(voice) 831-775-1724; (fax) 831-775-1620

  • [sympa-users] Question on subscribe.auth, Allen, Pat, 03/31/2008