en - Re: [sympa-users] Editing template files

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Glen Eustace <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Editing template files
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:16:25 +0100

Glen Eustace a écrit :
I deferred any further work on this until I had upgraded to 5.4 on the assumption that most developers seem to prefer people to be using the latest software before investigating possible bugs.
Don't worry: we will still maintain - and support - the 5.3 for over a year.

Well, 5.4 is in and I still can not edit a template file by going to
List Admin->Edit Templates
Errr, the link I know is List admin -> customizing
Is it this one ?
Select 'message footer'
Click 'Edit File'
You won't be surprised if I tell you that "it works here"... that's a classical developper answer... ;)
Anyway, you should have a look at the logs produced when trying to edit the footer. You can even increase the log level just before you perform the action, so that you have more verbose logs. You can do it through th "Sympa admin" page (section "log level").
Send us the result, it should explain all that.
What I get is an error page tellling me that the file doesn't exist, which it doesn't. The whole point of what I am trying to do is to create it.

More than happy to help work out what is wrong, but I don't know my way around in the code particularly well so could do with a bit of guidance.

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités