en - Re: [sympa-users] nagios check of sympa.pl

  • From: "Patrick von der Hagen" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Micah Anderson" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] nagios check of sympa.pl
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:09:57 +0100

Am Montag, den 04.02.2008, 20:26 -0500 schrieb Micah Anderson:
[...]
> > It is trivial to define some limits like "incoming-spool less than 10"
> > and have munin recognise an incoming spool with 100 messages as an
> > error-state.
>
> I think the incoming spool being less than 10 is a common thing. I would
> be more interested in being alerted when the incoming spool grows past a
> certain point, because that would mean things either weren't processing
> properly, or someone is sending out something huge that maybe they
> shouldn't be...
OK, I've been a little bit to short and not precise enough.
You can define "incoming-spool less then 10 messages" as the normal
situation, so warning- or error-states are reached if there are more
then 10 messages in the incoming-spool. Munin would start to send
passive-alerts to nagios, which would then trigger the normal
alert-definitions of nagios.

--
CU,
Patrick.