en - [sympa-users] Lists Stored in LDAP

  • From: Jason Giangrande <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Lists Stored in LDAP
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:10:49 -0500

Hi List,

I'm trying to have Sympa use lists that currently only reside as groups in
ldap, not in Sympa's database. These groups contain the list of users who
are members of each list. Now I'm fairly certain that with
include_ldap_query and it's sibling include_ldap_2level_query it is possible
to query ldap and return a list of subscribers, but as best I can tell this
is only possible on a per list basis. In other words, I'm trying to
determine if Sympa currently supports querying ldap and only ldap for all
it's list management activity? Is this possible with Sympa or is the ldap
functionality only designed to pull users from lists that already exists in
Sympa's internal database?

Thanks.

--
Jason Giangrande