en - [sympa-users] just checking: I can delete all expl/list/archives/log.* now, yes?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] just checking: I can delete all expl/list/archives/log.* now, yes?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:48:37 -0800

Sympa folks:

We've finally just completed the upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.3.4 -- it's full of improvements -- and I just wanted to make sure I'm correct in thinking that I can now delete all the log.* files from every list's directory, since it's all stored only in the web archive directory now. From 5.2b:

**** Only one copy of message for archive. No more archiving in expl/list/arc directory
***** Mail archive command now uses web_archive. Old list parameter section for
***** archive still in use for access control.

New messages are not adding to log.* files there, and all the old archives from before the upgrade can be deleted, right? I'm pretty sure they can, the only reason for doubt being that the sympa upgrade script didn't do it for me, which I would have expected it to. Maybe it could be modified?

Thanks!

ab