en - [sympa-users] Sympa not writing to /var/log/syslog

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa not writing to /var/log/syslog
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:55:15 +0100

I was doing some tests on adding large lists of subscribers. I found that it
made the syslog very large.

Since I usually use WINSCP to capture the syslog data to my clipboard to paste
the log data into notepad it caused my computer to crash. So I figured I would
just do "sudo rm syslog" and Sympa would just create another syslog when I
stared doing more tests on wwsympa.

Now I see that it did not create another syslog so I created an empty file
named syslog but it still won't write to it?

I am new to Linux, can anyone help me on this?
I am using Sympa 5.2.3 on Debian Linux.

Thanks,
Jason Holland