en - Re: [sympa-users] Newbie Question

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: Graham Pearson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Newbie Question
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:30:40 -0800

How can I as the List Owner give the Moderators of the list the ability
to customize the various files like Welcome Message, Unsubscribe
Message, Deletion Message, Remind Message, Subscribing Message, List
Homepage, List Description, Message Header and Message Footer.

The way to give anybody control over list configuration, which includes editing templates, is to make them an owner (not just a moderator). If you're looking to give them template-editing power without any other configuration power, there isn't really a way to do that; you could mess with the permissions in edit_list.conf and make almost everything writable only by the privileged owner, and make yourself the only privileged owner while making everyone else regular owners. (Or you could similarly use your status as listmaster, vs. all mere list owners.) But that would be awkward and tedious, and would only work if you wanted the same arrangement for all the lists on the system.

...or maybe there's a way in edit_list.conf to allow template editing access to moderators, but I don't think so.

ab