en - [sympa-users] Re: sympa, ldap include and ldaps...

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: sympa, ldap include and ldaps...
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:04:13 +0100

Mandi! Olivier Salaün
In chel dì si favelave...

OSn> The include_ldap_query feature is not SSL-enabled in Sympa 5.2.3. All
OSn> LDAP connectors have been merged in Sympa 5.3 to fill this gap.

Oh... ;(((

OSn> 2. set up an stunnel server that does LDAP on the Sympa side and
OSn> LDAPS on the remote server side. Check <http://www.stunnel.org/>
OSn> if you don't know what stunnel is.

Cool! I know stunnel, but i've used before as a 'server', i was not
aware that can be used in 'client' mode... if you want to put in wiki,
i've simply done:

1) added to /etc/inetd.conf these:

# Stunnel verso i server LDAP...
#
52389 stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/stunnel stunnel -c
-r ldap.corsi.sv.lnf.it:636 -N ldapcorsi
27389 stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/stunnel stunnel -c
-r ldap.pp.lnf.it:636 -N ldappp
39389 stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/stunnel stunnel -c
-r ldap.ud.lnf.it:636 -N ldapud

-N <> mandatory, see below.
Certificate stuff ignored, i'm using a local autogenerated CA for every
SSL-enabled services in my LAN/WAN, so SSL setup was just ready.

2) (mandatory) prevent access to 'redirected' ldap server apart from
localhost, using 'tcpwrapper service name' defined with -N option
above:

in /etc/hosts.deny

# Divieto di accesso ai tunnel LDAP
#
ldapcorsi: ALL
ldappp: ALL
ldapud: ALL

in /etc/hosts.allow

# Permetto solo l'accesso da localhost ai tunnel LDAP
#
ldapcorsi: 127.0.0.1 10.5.1.3
ldappp: 127.0.0.1 10.5.1.3
ldapud: 127.0.0.1 10.5.1.3

Then i've restarted inetd.

In sympa i've only used as a 'ldap host' in the form 'localhost:port',
eg:

localhost:27389

and all works flawlessy!!! ;)))

--