en - [sympa-users] Bounce management question

  • From: Fabio Napoleoni <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Bounce management question
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 03:05:37 +0100

Hi to everyone,

I have a little question about bounced.pl, I manage some list with sympa
with over 400000 subscribers. Up to some months ago, subscribers are in
a dedicated table and included in sympa via include clause, now we moved
all subscribers in sympa table, and we want to use sympa bounce
management features in order to remove inactive users.

I analyzed sympa subscribers table and I see that for a lot of them
bounce_score is filled up correctly but I think that there are more than
those indicated because I see a lot of messages like this in sympa.log:

Nov 7 20:54:23 host6 bounced[11047]: error: no address found in message
from for list dailyhtml
Nov 7 20:54:23 host6 bounced[11047]: Cannot create
/var/spool/sympa/wwsbounce/dailyhtml/OTHER/

When I say a lot I say about ten thousands for day, every day...

I enabled sympa debug features and I checked files in
/var/spool/sympa/bounce/ processed by bouncequeue and I noticed that
those files are truncated, in fact it miss all the header part and so
this is the cause.

My question is why those messages are truncated? Is it bouncequeue
fault, postfix fault or some other host fault?

My mailserver is postfix and my sympa version is (sigh) 5.1.2, my
operating system is debian etch.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you for your help.

--
Fabio Napoleoni
address@concealed

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is
about telescopes"
Edsger W. Dijkstra