en - Re: [sympa-users] Questions about sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Questions about sympa
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:39:44 +0100

Hi David,
your suggestion about "send scenario" worked perfectly.
The other problem with moderating (which distribute status at logs was as succes) was because the following line
sympa: "| /home/soft/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
of aliases (/etc/aliases at the sympa server) was commented with "#" at the begining of the line, so the message arrived at my sympa server (it was saved at /var/mail/sympa) but sympa's main daemon (sympa.pl) didn't caught it.
Thanks for your help.
Bye...
Adib.

David Verdin <address@concealed> ha escrito:

Buenos dias, ;)

address@concealed a écrit :
Hi everyone!

I am implanting sympa server mailing lists and I have two questions respect it.

The first question: when someone who is not a subscriber send a mail to the list, it receives a mail from address@concealed with subject "Message distribution: Authorization denied". How may I configure sympa for it doesn't send this notification mail?
That's in the "send" scenario you use (see :
http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/authorization-scenarios ) to access
all human knowledge about scenario.
You should add the option "quiet" to your "reject" action.
For example, if the line concerned in your scenario looks like this :
true() smtp,md5,smime ->
reject(reason='send_subscriber')
Chang it to :
true() smtp,md5,smime -> reject,quiet

The second question: On the other hand, I want to moderate the messages sent to the list, so when a subscriber sends a mail, it will be send to the moderator, who will distribute or reject the mail. I have defined a moderator and selected "Moderated, restricted to subscribers" at "Who can send" options. In first place, a subscriber sends a mail to my list, then, I log in as moderator and go to Moderate option, and finally I select the message that subscriber sent and click to "Distribute" ; Unfortunely after this steps, the message hasn't been distributed to the subscribers, noboby of subscribers receives this mail... I don't understand why not...
What do the logs say when you click on distribute ?

Regards,
Ok, this is all for now. Thanks.

Adib.

--