en - Re: [sympa-users] select some subscribers from ldap tree

  • From: "Patrick von der Hagen" <address@concealed>
  • To: "puestadelsol83" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] select some subscribers from ldap tree
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:45:24 +0200

Am Montag, den 22.10.2007, 09:47 +0200 schrieb puestadelsol83:
> Hi!
> With ldap_query in data sources I specify the the suffix of the ldap tree
> in which I want to include subscribers.
> The subscribers of ldap tree are static: if I include them, they can't
> delete from the list.
> How can select a specific member of the ldap tree and not all the members
> of the suffix specified?
You have to specify a search-filter or you can include all ldap-entries
and set somt to "nomail" later. That way they are technically included
in the list but won't receive any messages.

In my experience LDAP-based lists should only be used based on roles or
attributes stored in LDAP, e.g. "all people of marketing" or something
like that. It should not be used for "the fun-list where Ted, Bod and
Joe share jokes and all three happen to be included in our directory".

--
CU,
Patrick.