en - [sympa-users] Re: authentication with LDAP group and its members

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: authentication with LDAP group and its members
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:39:44 +0200

Hi Thomas,

You already submitted a similar feature request : https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=23&aid=3235&atid=170
Does this still meet your needs?

If so, we might be able to add the feature shortly...

Thomas Berry a écrit :
While writing the objective below, I did some searching and found a reference to ".ldap" files and a directory called "search_filters". were these replaced with the ".incl" file and "data_sources" directory? If so, I think I can use the a scenario search condition to perform a 2-level authentication with our LDAP server for personnel specified in an LDAP group entry.

Objective:

I have a group entry in our LDAP directory that holds the DNs of all Operations personnel. I would like to give the entries of this LDAP group the same abilities as owner/editor without displaying them in the web interface.

Is it possible to implement a scenario to do the following:

1. Determine if the person attempting to login belongs to the Operations personnel group.

2. Authenticate their login with the person's entry in the LDAP directory.

Thus, giving them access to all owner/editor functionality without listing these people as owner/editor when the list's info is reviewed using the Sympa web interface.

At first, I attempted to do this by adding a 2-level LDAP query reference to the LDAP group. This caused each of the LDAP group members to be displayed--display of just the group entry would have been fine, but not all its members.

Thomas