en - [sympa-users] S/MIME - a novice question

  • From: address@concealed (Janusz S. Bień)
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] S/MIME - a novice question
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:34:30 +0200

I've sent to Sympa a S/MIME signed message to a list using the
publickey scenario:

http://steel.klf.uw.edu.pl/wws/arc/hotline-test/2007-08/msg00002.html

It is the first signed message, so it was natural that it required the
confirmation by mail.

On the basis of

http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/x509

User certificates are automatically caught by Sympa when
receiving a signed S/MIME messsage,

Certificates are stored as PEM files in the
/home/sympa/expl/X509-user-certs/ directory

I expected to find my certificate in the appropriate directory, which
in Debian is /var/lib/sympa/x509-user-certs, but the directory is
empty.

What went wrong?

Best regards

Janusz

P.S. I never used S/MIME before. Only today I managed to configure
Gnus to support it, with the sole purpose to use it for Sympa lists.

--
,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra

  • [sympa-users] S/MIME - a novice question, Janusz S. Bień, 08/31/2007