en - [sympa-users] customizing the list creation - add the message.footer perl script into the list creation procedure

  • From: XUEYING HE <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] customizing the list creation - add the message.footer perl script into the list creation procedure
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:05:50 -0400

Hi Sympa experts:

I am not sure if any one has asked this before, I have a question about how
to plug my customized perl script into the List creation procedures:
I have created a perl script (ex. footer.pl) which can create the
message.footer for each list by passing the "listname" as an ARGV. Now I am
looking for the way that i can plug this perl script into the List creation
procedures, I am not sure which file that I should modify/replace? these are
my request:
1. I am trying to avoid to modify the files that may be over written when
every time the patches are applied;
2. I need to able to create the list from sympa web page by clicking on the
"Create List" tab, and after the list is created call the footer.pl, so it
will automatically processed in the back end without have to add an
additional tab for footer creation, which means to plug this footer.pl into
the list creation procedures.
3. I am not looking for the way to use command line sympa.pl to create the
list.

I am sure that someone has down this before:) thank in advanced.

Xueying "Ying" He
Sr. System Engineer
Enterprise Email Services IT @ Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins University
Phone: (410) 735-4361

  • [sympa-users] customizing the list creation - add the message.footer perl script into the list creation procedure, XUEYING HE, 06/29/2007