en - [sympa-users] Re: cookie and ssl passwd crypt problem

  • From: Johan Loubser <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: cookie and ssl passwd crypt problem
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:31:06 +0200

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 09:45:04AM +0200, Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> You should ta care to have the same value for the sympa.conf "cookie"
> parameter on both servers. This parameter usages includes passwords
> encryption/decryption. It needs to be the same value if both Sympa servers
> share the same password database.
>
> See
>
> http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/upgrading?s=cookie#moving_to_another_server

> the directory |/etc/sympa.conf| and |wwsympa.conf|. Sympa new
> installation creates a file |/etc/sympa.conf| (see sympa.conf
> parameters <http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/conf-parameters/index>)
> and randomly initializes the cookie parameter. Changing this
> parameter will break all passwords. When upgrading Sympa on a new
> server, take care that you start with the same value of this
> parameter, otherwise you might have problems!

I dit use the same cookie file as on the current running server.

> Johan Loubser wrote:
> > I have an old sympa installation on debian woody (sympa 3.3.3)
> >
> > I am in proses of building a backup server(clone) with same version sympa
> > to keep the proses going while
> > we do a dubble upgrade on the mail server.
> > And migrade to the latest version of sympa.
> >
> > My problem at the moment on the clone server is that the passwd is not
> > decrypted as should when login is attemted, same is hapening if the
> > passwd is requested through mail. The data is in a postgres database.

After a lot of searching i found that no incription is taking plase.
If i change the passwd on the wws interface the passwd is shown in clear
txt in the database.

Thus i my problem is to switch the inc/dec of md5 passwd on

--
Johan Loubser
(021) 8084036