en - [sympa-users] Re: Add and Multiple Add

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Add and Multiple Add
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:08:11 +0200

Liam,

Liam Kirsher a écrit :
Quick question --

When using Multiple Add, the gecos information is accepted.
When using Add with the same info an error is generated.

Why? Is there some reason for this or is it a bug?

It is not a bug, in the sense that it has the intended behaviour.
This form funtions this way for historical reason. We first had a simple add, in which it was - and still is - only possible to submit an email adress. No gecos. When we added the multiple add option, we implemented the gecos treatment, but didn't transfer it to the single add.

This sure is a legitimate feature request. Please fill in a feature request in our tracking system :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?atid=170&group_id=23&func=browse

We will implement it. Please note that, for now, we are focused on more critical issues prior to release the next version.

Thanks for your interest in Sympa!

Regards,

Ex: From the Manage Subscribers page
"address@concealed Joe Bloggs" is accepted via Multiple Add, but rejected for Add.