en - [sympa-users] Re: LDAP authentication issue

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Chris Andrews <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: LDAP authentication issue
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:01:31 +0200

Hi Chris,

You're right, when using Sympa's LDAP authentication backend, Sympa will fetch the email address and alternate email addresses after the bind was performed using the user's DN and password. Note that a previous Bind is used to retrieve the user's DN given his uid or email.

I can't think of a way to fulfill your request in future Sympa releases without making auth.conf too complex.

Chris Andrews wrote:
So it looks like when you do LDAP authentication, Sympa uses the users
credentials to query the email_attribute (and I assume the
alternative_email_attribute) you have set in the auth.conf file. Is there
any way to configure Sympa to use its own user and password to look this
value up? Currently I am having out LDAP team add the self ACL to the
attributes we query for those attributes, but I might get push back from
management on having user be able to see this information, even if they can
only see it on themselves.