en - [sympa-users] Re: Sub-Lists, Umbrella-Lists?

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Sub-Lists, Umbrella-Lists?
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 08:41:26 -0400

Ferdinand Goldmann wrote:

However, several of our users make use of Listserv's feature to have
sub-lists under an umbrella list, so that a mail sent to the umbrella list
will reach all sub-lists. Is there any corresponding feature in
Sympa?

There sure is. Sympa implements such a feature by allowing you to include lists in other lists. For instance, we've got two lists here at Duke -- all staff and all faculties -- and we've created a third list for all employees that includes the other two. And those two lists are controlled by LDAP queries, so that when someone new joins Duke as an employee, their directory entry is created and they automatically appear on the corresponding lists.

There's some documentation on how the feature works at:

http://sympa.org/wiki/manual/parameters-data-sources#include_list

Hope that helps,
Jeff