en - [sympa-users] Re: Different cookie parameters for different robots

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Steven Peterson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Different cookie parameters for different robots
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:52:30 +0100

Steven Peterson wrote:
We need to use a different shared secret for each robot. I have set the
default cookie parameter in the sympa.conf file, but when I try to set a
'cookie' parameter to the robot.conf files, I get an error saying that
'cookie'
is an unrecognized parameter. Is there a way to have different shared secrets
for each robot? I am using Sympa 5.3a.10.
That's true. It is not a pretty feature. Our plan to change this is to remove this unsafe parameter. password storage will not stay with reversible encryption but we will use only password fingerprint. In addition cookie will contain a random key stored in a session table.

This is describe here http://www.sympa.org/wiki/dev/projet_direction#authentication_architecture
and http://www.sympa.org/wiki/dev/projet_direction#sessionning