en - [sympa-users] Re: problems with first login

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: "Defryn, Guy" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: problems with first login
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:27:00 +0100

Defryn, Guy wrote:

Hi there,

I am new to Sympa. My colleague has done an install before and I used his install notes.

When I login the first time to send myself a password I never receive an email.

The entries in my log show me that the domain name is not appended in the sympa email address.

I have double checked and compared settings on my colleague his server and can’t see what is causing the problem

Feb 7 17:15:41 localhost wwsympa[20095]: [robot tur-listsdev1] [client 130.123.130.225] do_home

[robot tur-listsdev1] : this is the problem you have to solve. Robot must be a valid domain. The way that robot are defined is described here : http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/virtual-hosts#virtual_host

When requesting some http service the |SERVER_NAME| environment variable is compared to robot.conf parameter |http_host|. The selected robot domain is defined by the parameter "host" in the match robot.conf. Default value for host is define by the location of the robot.conf path.
Serge Aumont