en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Integration with other apps using SOAP

  • From: Steven Peterson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Integration with other apps using SOAP
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:20:58 -0500

We now hope to use Sympa's soap interface to enable another application to
create and modify lists. I see in the documentation and the WSDL that you can
create a list using web services, but I do not see how a list can be modified. For example, what if someone created a list yesterday, but today wishes to
change the wording of the description or change the scenarios used. Is there
an undocumented way to do this?

No there isn't. Good idea but too many features request, we will probably not do it until a few months.

Regards
Serge

Perhaps I can help add a modifyList method to the soap service. What if in the new 'modifyList' web service method, I simply created an XML file from the arguments, then called the sympa.pl --modify-list command using that xml file as a parameter? I don't see the sympa.pl --modify_list command documented much; is there a better way to change a list config?

- Steve