en - [sympa-users] Re: XML Input File Format again

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: XML Input File Format again
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:43:09 -0600

I was able to set send and anonymous_sender, I'm still having trouble setting
reply_to_header.other_email and include_list. We are basically interested in
creating lists programmatically via a .cgi script using the command

system("/home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl -create_list $list_name -input_file
$list_name.xml");

This works fine, but we would like to configure the values for
reply_to_header.other_email and include_list. Is this possible? Has anyone
tried to create lists this way, and is this even the best approach? For our
purposes users need to be able to create lists via a simple web form instead
of the sympa web interface.

$list_name.xml looks like

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<list>
<listname>$list_name</listname>
<type>generic-list2</type>
<visibility>secret</visibility>
<include_list>other</include_list>
<reply_to_header>
<value>other_email</value>
<other_email>test\@gmail.com</other_email>
<apply>respect</apply>
</reply_to_header>
</list>

-our generic-list2 familyi config.tt2 file looks like

indclude_list [% include_list %]

reply_to_header
value other_email
[% IF other_email -%]
other_email [% other_email %]
[% END %]
apply respect

I'd also like to have multiple include_lists. What I have been doing to try
to set include_list and reply_to_header.other_email is to use file i/o and
open up the config file and use search and replace to change the values for
include_list and reply_to_header.other_email. Again I'm not sure if this is
the best approach. Any advice welcome. Right now using file i/o and search
and replace to edit the config file for the list to change the values for
include_list and reply_to_header does not work some of the time.

Thanks,
Redmond

--
Redmond Militante / NSIT / The University of Chicago
PGP Public Key: <http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjm/pubkey.asc>