en - [sympa-users] Re: AW: Encoding Problem in Subject with UTF-8

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "Walter, Oliver (BR/ICA5)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: AW: Encoding Problem in Subject with UTF-8
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:23:44 +0100

Hi Walter,

The next version of Sympa, 5.3, will have better support for all kind of encodings.
Here is a (non exhaustive) list of what should work better :
  • Web pages are now UTF-8 whatever the language is. It makes things either to mix different character encodings (web archives, moderation)
  • Service messages should be able to mix different encodings, thanks to Soji Ikeda's work.
  • Decoding/encoding of SMTP header fields was buggy for non-ISO messages. We're now using a new MIME library that should respect headers fields encodings

Walter, Oliver (BR/ICA5) wrote:
i`ve tested that on Sympa 5.x and there seems to work. I`m not sure, if
fully UTF-8 support is implemented in 4.1.2, which is ou productive
environment. So we will upgrade on Sympa 5.x in near future.