en - Re: [sympa-users] Strange behaviour - list data diretcory ownership being reset daily

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Peter Farmer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Strange behaviour - list data diretcory ownership being reset daily
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:28:46 +0200

Peter Farmer wrote:
I have been having a bizarre recurring problem with the 'home' data directory ownership being reset to root:wheel (normally sympa:sympa) every morning
somewhere around 2-3am . I dont believe its anything on the system side - I've
checked and rechecked every external facility that might be responsible -
cron
jobs,backup scripts etc. It appears the 'bounce_path' directory ownership is
also being reset.

I havent come up with any clues to what is doing this. Could it be the side
affect of an internal sympa task that runs every day ?. any thoughts in
places to look for sympa functions that may reset directory ownership would be
very helpful ... Its got me stumped.
We've never ever noticed such behavior.
I doubt Sympa's is guilty.