en - [sympa-users] postfix question

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] postfix question
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:43:32 -0400

Folks,

I recently migrated from sendmail to postfix.

Up to now I've been running a single robot, and am now in the process of setting up a second - and I find that I'm just a bit confused about how postfix handles all the sympa aliases.

Basic setup (which contains some legacy code from my old sendmail setup):

/etc/postfix/virtual.regexp contains
/^(.*)@lists.neighborhood.net$/ lists.neighborhood.net-$1

/etc/aliases contains:
sympa: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
listmaster: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
bounce+*: "| /home/sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed"
sympa-request: postmaster
sympa-owner: postmaster

lists.neighborhood.net-sympa: "|/home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
lists.neighborhood.net-listmaster: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed

----
my question: when I look at this, I think I understand why address@concealed and address@concealed work, but I DON'T understand why bounce management seems to work properly

as I read this, the virtual.regexp expression would rewrite any bounce messages to
lists.neighborhood.net-bounce....

and there's no alias to feed this to bouncequeue - BUT... bounces seem to be working

so... what am I doing right, inadvertently? And, how do I set things up for a new virtual domain so it works properly?

Thanks much,

Miles